BD INSULIN PEN NEEDLE AUTOSHIELD 30 G 100 PCS
Collect 9.8 Loyalty Points with this purchase
Free Delivery Service 50 S.R. Onward.
Title - the name of the product
- BD insulin pin needle Auto shield 30G 100
- The BD Auto Shield Duo™ pen needle is a safety pen needle that comes in a 5-mm size to facilitate safer insulin injections.
- Featuring patented automatic dual-protection shields on both ends of the needle, it helps prevent needle stick exposure and injury during injection and disposal. Conveniently, the BD Auto Shield Duo pen needle is compatible with leading diabetes medication pens in the United States.
- 30 G x 3/16 in (5 mm) 100
- An outer shield conceals the 5-mm single-use needle, so patients do not need to see it or feel intimidated by it.
Reduced risk of needle stick injury
- The pen needle features shields over both the front-end and back-end needles and does not require a pinch-up*—which all help prevent needle stick injury.
- The pen needle features a large barrel for easy handling and attachment.
Red indicator band
- After users finish performing the injection and lift the pen needle away from the skin, the pen's inner shield automatically deploys and locks. A red indicator band then confirms that the shield is locked and the needle has been used.
How to use?
Easily attach the pen needle, without the need to remove an inner shield.
Inject the insulin at a 90-degree angle, without using a second hand or pinch-up technique. The front shield automatically protects users from injury while removing the pen needle from their skin.
Remove the needle from the pen, without the need to recap the pen.† A second shield automatically protects users from the back end of the needle.
Simply dispose of the needle in a sharps collector.
Features and Benefits
Reduced IM injection risk
- By delivering subcutaneous injections, the 5-mm pen needle helps reduce the risk of intramuscular (IM) injections that can increase the risk of hypoglycemia in patients, regardless of their body mass index.
Thin wall technology
- Our needles retain their extremely fine external dimensions but with a wider inner diameter, improving insulin flow rate and requiring less force.
- The pen needle helps meet the OSHA requirement to evaluate safer devices as they become available.5 It is the only safety pen needle that passively conceals the needle in the front and back after use, reducing nurse exposure to the needle.
- The pen needle is rigorously tested for fit, function and dose accuracy.
Single-handed injection technique
- Because the BD AutoShield Duo pen needle does not require a pinch-up technique, the risk of needlestick injury during injection may be reduced.
- Children from 2 to 6 years old extremely lean adults or people with loose skin may need to use a pinch-up technique.
- Users must avoid placing their fingers on either end of the pen needle shields.